In early 2017, with the help of an outside consultant, All Souls launched a Capital Campaign to raise funds for needed repairs of our historic building. The consultant set-up a successful system in which congregation members were trained to be “visitors” in order to solicit funds from other members of the congregation. Now that the consultant is no longer available, All Souls seeks a part-time, interim, Development Associate to play a key role in helping bring our current capital campaign to a successful conclusion and to support other stewardship and fundraising activities for general support. The position reports to jointly to the Senior Minister and the Executive Director.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database, including gift entry, updating constituent information, and creating mailing lists and reports
- Draft and coordinate external communications related to fundraising, including gift acknowledgement letters, direct mail appeals and occasional grant proposals
- Assist with general office management, including scanning, filing, scheduling meetings, and maintaining office supplies
- Conduct research on individuals (and foundation) prospects, create donor profiles, and track relationships with major donors and hi-profile givers, including members of the Board, etc.
- Effectively communicate with donors, board members, volunteers, Ministers and staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED PROFICIENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising
- Excellent computer (Word/Excel/Outlook) skills.
- Prior experience maintaining CRM database, with special consideration given to candidates with Raiser’s Edge expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- High level administrative experience in a busy office environment. Ability to prioritize an ever-changing workload in a dual reporting relationship, manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with complete discretion.
- Creative, curious, fast learner and self-starter with demonstrated interest in the programs and values of All Souls Church.
Commensurate with experience. Because this is a part-time, interim position, no benefits are available at this time although there is potential for growth over time that would come with a generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
No phone calls, please.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter describing their experience and unique qualifications for the position, along with a 1-2 page writing sample, a resume, salary requirements and the names of at least two references, to:
Subject line: Development Associate
Souls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and
dedicated to diversity in our work and staff.